Are you over 50? Want to learn something new or join a discussion group? Then U3A is for you!
You can exercise your brain by participating in or leading a group and sharing your interests with others.
U3A is an international movement which promotes and practises lifelong learning by providing low cost educational opportunities for retired people in a relaxed and informal environment. No prior educational qualifications are required; no degrees are awarded.
The following new courses start soon. For full details of these courses, go to the New Courses list
* A Short History of India (H172.01) - Thursdays 2 March – 27 April, 10:00 am - 12:00 noon
Venue: Cook Community Hub Room 1
Contact: Bob Hay at
Enrolments from: 2 February
Recent eBulletins have advertised limited vacancies in the following courses and it may be possible to enrol in them if you act quickly. You can also check with the Course Prospectus to see whether specific courses are full
CHANGES TO COURSES
The following recent changes have been made to courses already advertised. The Course Prospectus shows all these changes, as well as ones which have previously been notified.
* Another Elementary French Course (L086.02) - Margaret Gosling’s email address has changed to
Course starts: 22 February
Your Body - How it Works (SHE070.02) has been cancelled with effect from Thursday 16 February
The U3A eBulletin is an irregular bulletin which is emailed to members. It provides information about matters which may be of immediate interest to members.
The U3A Newsletter is published six times each year and reports on U3A activities, programs, courses and upcoming events. Essential reading for all U3A ACT members. Read the latest:
Message from U3A ACT President
At its February meeting, the committee decided to retire the Christmas Party event as the numbers attending have been dropping despite the overall growth of U3A.
The last event of the year will now be the AGM and its accompanying afternoon tea on Wednesday 22 November 2017. I have written to all performing groups, art groups and the camera club to open a discussion on ways in which we can keep in touch with them perhaps at a less busy time of year.
Comments and ideas from all members are welcome.
REPORT TO MEMBERS ON THE 2O16 AGM
Commitment to Privacy Statement
Explore this site using the navigation bar and other links to:
- learn more about U3A in Canberra |
- see the range of courses on offer |
- check out the next lunchtime forum, half day seminars or film |
- access an application form |
- read the bimonthly newsletter and eBulletins |
- keep up with the latest U3A news and events |
- see our Members' Calendar for the key dates of the U3A ACT year |
- find a list of useful links to U3A sites in Australia, community education opportunities in Canberra and sites that provide a wealth of information for senior Australians