This page lists non-U3A ACT events that may be of interest to U3A ACT members.
For further details of an event please follow the link to the Host website.
Visionary or Vandal? Capability Brown - Sue Ebury
Lancelot "Capability" Brown is famous for transforming the English landscape. Who was this genius?
On the 300th anniversary of his birth, Sue Ebury describes with photographs and documents how the Georgian gentry lived on their estates, spectacularly designed by the most fashionable landscape architect of the times.
- Venue: National Library of Australia, Theatre, Ground Floor
- Cost: $15 (Friends of the National Library of Australia & Australian Gardens Historical Society members); $20 non-members. Includes refreshments.
Bookings & further information can be found here
Speaker’s Night with Linda Roberts: ‘When Palestine was Home’
Linda's German mother, grandparents and great-grandparents were born in Palestine. Linda recently spent over 2 weeks touring Israel with a German tour group to learn more about the German settlements they established there from the 1860s. This relatively unknown slice of history of today’s Israel is one of hardship and prosperity; where the Kaiser visited in 1898 and struggles ensued with the world wars ending in deportation. How does Israel regard this part of their heritage?
- Venue: Menzies Room, National Archives, Queen Victoria Terrace, Parkes ACT
- Bookings essential: email - or phone - 6230 0533
- Cost: $10 (National Trust/U3A members/Friends of NLA) $15 (non-members)
- For more details click here