Welcome to U3A ACT! To enrol in one of our courses, to participate in U3A activities and to access our eBulletin and bimonthly Newsletter, you need to join our organisation. The only requirement to becoming a member is that you are aged 50 or over.
You can join U3A or renew your annual membership at any time throughout the year. However, all memberships expire on 31 December each year, regardless of when you joined or renewed. You can pay for your membership for the following year any time after 1 October of the current year, giving you effectively 15 months of membership. At the end of each membership year, all paid up members will continue to receive communications from U3A until 31 January of the following year, after which all communications will cease unless you choose to renew your membership.
- Single: One member ($40.00)
- Joint: Two members living at the same address ($70.00)
- Additional: Joint membership with a current member living at the same address ($30.00)
- Online application
- All payments are by Visa and Mastercard credit and debit cards. (Note that only debit cards which do not require a PIN can be accepted). All payments by credit and debit cards are via a secure site. U3A ACT does not retain any of your credit or debit card details
- By mail
- Credit card (Visa or Mastercard only) or cheque
- At Cook or Hughes U3A offices
- Credit card (Visa or Mastercard only) and debit cards (which do not require a PIN can be accepted), cash or cheque
The locations of our offices can be found on the Contacts page.
How to obtain your U3A membership card
If you join or renew your membership online, you can opt to have your membership papers and card mailed to you, or to have these documents delivered direct to your email IN box for you to print. (Check your SPAM box in case the email has been diverted there). There is no difference between the mailed documents and the emailed ones, so emailing is better, provided you have a printer
If you join by either mailing in your application form or by visiting a U3A office, your membership papers and card will be mailed to you.
If you renew your membership by mailing in your renewal notice with your payment, your membership papers will be mailed to you.
If you renew your membership by visiting and making your payment at either our Cook or Hughes office, your membership papers and card can be provided to you while you wait.
More questions? Look at our FAQ page
How to join
Applying for membership is easy
You can complete your application and pay online here.
Paper Application form
Alternatively, you can click here to download an application form.
Print off the form, complete the details and return it in person or by mail to one of the U3A offices (click here to see locations). Membership application forms can also be obtained from these offices
How to renew
You can renew your membership online. All you need is your membership number and last name.
Renew your membership here
Alternatively, you can renew your membership by visiting a U3A Office where your Renewal Notice will be printed to enable you to confirm your details. Your membership card can be printed for you while you wait.
Show my details
If you are a U3A member, you can view and update your details after logging in here.
- If you've forgotten your password, you will need to apply for a password reset here.
- If you've never had a password, you will need to apply for one here.
Once you have logged in, you can view and manage your details including:
- Contact details (email, mobile and landline phone numbers, and address)
- View and/or download your membership payment receipt, welcome letter and current membership card
- Change your password
In addition, your password will enable you to view the List of Courses and other relevant course information.
How to volunteer
U3A ACT is a volunteer-run organisation, supported by its members. Click here to find out how to volunteer and what opportunities are available.