COVID-19 Safety Plan and U3A Activities - Update
11 August 2020
U3A ACT's COVID-19 Safety Plan available here
A number of courses have already resumed in U3A's Cook, Flynn and Hughes premises as well as in some non-U3A venues.
If you are already enrolled in a course, please get in touch with your Course Leader if they haven't been in touch with you as they particularly need to know if you are not continuing with a course. Details of courses which have not yet taken enrolments are being advertised in the usual way in eBulletins and under the Courses tab in the Members' pages of our website (www.u3acanberra.org.au).
The main changes for courses in U3A premises are:
- Smaller classes in line with the one person per four square metres rule
- The need to stay at least 1.5m away from every other person in the room
- Providing your name and phone number for COVID contact tracing if a case occurs
- Using hand sanitiser as you arrive and leave
- Cleaning your chair and table with disinfectant wipes when you arrive and leave
- No refreshments to be provided but you can bring your own water if needed
- You must stay at home if you are unwell or have COVID symptoms
- If you are going to make a cash payment you need to bring exactly the right money since change will not be given