COVID Safety Plan now in place - U3A ACT on the path to reopening.
19 June 2020
IMPORTANT - U3A ACT COVID Safety Plan attached
As required by the ACT government, U3A now has a formal COVID Safety Plan in place and we would like all our members to read it. The document can be downloaded from the link below.
This means that we can recommence courses in U3A premises, with the current anticipated date being Monday 20 July 2020. Courses in other venues will be held in accordance with COVID Safety plans for those venues.
If you are already enrolled in a course, please get in touch with your course leader if they haven't been in touch with you as they particularly need to know if you are not continuing with a course. Details of courses which have not yet taken enrolments will be advertised in the usual way in eBulletins and under the Courses tab in the members' pages of our website (www.u3acanberra.org.au).
The main changes coming to courses in U3A premises are:
• Smaller classes in line with the one person per four square metres rule
• The need to stay at least 1.5m away from every other person in the room
• Providing your name and phone number for COVID contact tracing if a case occurs
• Using hand sanitiser as you arrive and leave
• Cleaning your chair and table with disinfectant wipes when you arrive and leave
• No refreshments to be provided but you can bring your own water if needed
• You must stay at home if you are unwell or have COVID symptoms
• If you are going to make a cash payment you need to bring exactly the right money since change will not be given to reduce cash handling.