Are you over 50? Retired? Want to learn something new or join a discussion group? Then U3A is for you!
You can exercise your brain by participating in or leading a group and sharing your interests with others.
U3A is an international movement which promotes and practises lifelong learning by providing low cost educational opportunities for retired people in a relaxed and informal environment. No prior educational qualifications are required; no degrees are awarded.
Changes to courses
Proposed New Courses
Inviting expressions of interest
Landscapes around Canberra, their origins and evolution
Discussing Heroines in 19thC Realist Literature
U3A Photography Group/Camera Club
For more information on all of the above, go to
Changes, Vacancies, Cancellations and Proposed New Courses
Explore this site using the navigation bar and other links to:
- learn more about U3A in Canberra, Australia and the world
- see the range of courses on offer
- check out the next lunchtime forum or film
- access an application form
- read the bimonthly newsletter and eBulletins
- keep up with the latest U3A news and events
- find a list of useful links to U3A sites in Australia, community education opportunities in Canberra and sites that provide a wealth of information for senior Australians.
The U3A eBulletin is an irregular bulletin which is emailed to members. It provides information about matters which may be of immediate interest to members. Read the latest:
The U3A Newsletter is published six times each year and reports on U3A activities, programs, courses and upcoming events. Essential reading for all U3A ACT members. Read the latest:
Check out if there are any volunteer positions with U3A that you might be interested in.